Spread The Word!

Wednesday 29 June 2011

June Summary


June was a bit of a mixed bag as it turns out. I managed a very decent 2nd in the June Medal, wining my class, only to have a complete nightmare in the Lady Captains. I somehow managed a 10 on the very first hole of the first day after a battle with the green side bunker. Needless to say the bunker won :( My only consolation was that I had a week to try get my act together for the final day.
 
In between the 2 weekends I arranged another lesson with Raymie. Like before, he was able to identify what I was doing wrong & had me hitting the ball superbly before the lesson was over. Unfortunately I hadn't bedded in the corrections to my swing in time for day 2 & my score was equally just as bad. Once small victory was that I won the 'nearest to the hole' with a good iron shot on the downhill par 3 third. Another downside to the day, in addition to playing like a donkey, my hay fever played up big time & by the end of the round I really looked liked Quasimodo. How embarrassing!

Pauline, SC Lady Captain 2011
Even though my face wasn't quite back to normal by that evening I still made the trip to the clubhouse for the Lady Captains Dinner. This was my first experience of this so I really didn't want to miss it.

Pauline had also been really good to me since I joined the club making sure I was introduced to everyone & inviting me out to play with her so I didn't want to miss her night.

As it turns out we had an absolute ball, great nights craic by all accounts ☺

No comments:

Spread The Word!