Spread The Word!

Sunday 14 August 2011

Hen Weekend

 
With the wedding a mere 8 weeks away I headed north for the obligatory hen party.

Personally I could have easily given this hen party a miss, the truth is I had no desire for any gimmicks or embarrassing dressing up whilst crawling through all/any pubs we could find. Thankfully my sisters know me better than that & arranged for a somewhat unconventional day & night out.

Unfortunately none of my friends/family play golf, however they were insistent on doing something that I would enjoy doing. So we ended up heading to Citygolf in Belfast city centre early afternoon, for virtual golf as well as wii light-hearted entertainment. As expected, managing to hit the ball proved extremely difficult for these first-timers, although they did stick with it & give it a proper go.

Afterwards we headed back to the hotel to start the drinking & get ready for the night's entertainment. The agenda for the evening was a night at the dogs at Drumbo Greyhound Park. Your entrance fee gets you a 3 course meal, your programme & table service for the night for drinks & tote bets. I wasn't convinced about this when it was first suggested as when I was younger we raced greyhounds, therefore I wasn't sure I was up for yet another night at the dogs, however this was the first time I'd been to it in this way & was pleasantly surprised.A few hours & many drinks later we headed back to the hotel for a wind down in the residents bar.

The following day we had decided that it would be best to save breakfast until a little close to lunchtime & when we eventually rolled out of bed the following morning we went to Springsteens on the Lisburn Road. Sprinsteens has always been a good choice for food in the past & it certainly didn't disappoint. The food was awesome & the conversation disecting the antics of the day & night before was hilarious. To say I was glad to have had the hen party in the end would have been a massive understatement ☺ Cheers girls, all of you ☺

No comments:

Spread The Word!