Spread The Word!

Saturday 18 October 2008

GUKPT Thanet

Headed to Thanet with Rob, he was playing the main event whilst I was playing the slightly more modest side event. It was a one day NLH with a £100 + £10.50 buy-in. Yes that's right! The reg fee was £10.50!!
The structure wasn't great as is typical for the smaller buy-in English MTT, but it was something to pass the time while Rob played in the main event. I got off to a decent start, managing to stay one step ahead of the shorter stacks and was in even better shape after knocking out Nik Persaud and Jeff Kimber.


Due to the crappy structure the field was fading fast and it wasn't long before we were down to 10 with 9 paid. A deal was done to award £100 to 10th, certainly not that appealing but always nice to know you're guaranteed your money back as a worst case scenario. Well money back less the £10.50, did I mention they stuck a 50p on the end? (Still can't work out why)
As mentioned in my previous entry I am reasonably good at bubbling and that's exactly what I did here too. Now you'd think that pocket 8s on an 833 flop would be safe, well not when you're up against QQ and there's a river card to be dealt . . . . Bang Bang . . . taxiiiiiiiii!
Another bubble, another sob story, but I felt it was another decent performance especially against a few experienced players, even a few pros.

No comments:

Spread The Word!