Spread The Word!

Monday 20 October 2008

Boyles IPO

Unfortunately due to the GUKPT event we missed this one, would have been a great one to play, especially for the small buy-in, there was fantastic value. But that said, where there's a festival there's always excellent cash games!


And so that's what I concentrated on, the tables were mostly full of foreign players, primarily French, with a few Dutch and Scandies to make up the numbers. I sat at one cash table in particular for a few hours, 2 young Dutch fellas on it, they had been up for 3 days solid and were recharging the batteries with Red Bull! They certainly weren't the value at the table but they did provide the entertainment. It's fair to say that it was the most entertaining cash table I have ever sat at. As well as the ladies event I did play one of the small side events, but unfortunately due to a pretty poor structure it was a crap-shoot from the off and as I didn't get the cards it was over and out for me pretty swiftly.



I've said before I hate ladies events, and so now it's time to confirm that I still hate ladies events. I hate watching girls play how they have been instructed to by their professional playing other halves, if it's checked to you twice bet the pot with any 2 etc etc. I have a better idea, learn the game yourself and think with the soft squishy stuff between your ears and give it a proper go! Even though I hate such events, I went steady enough in it and managed to yet again effectively bubble the bloody thing. The French girl to my right, who played very well from what I saw, was very active and raising 2/3 pots - no problem with that, she had the chips for it. I find AQ in the SB and reraise her which she calls, flop comes Q high and I ship, would be a nice double up story only she had flopped a set of 4s and I'm not the sort to get runner runner so we can all guess what happened next. Can't complain really, I had pushed before I was forced to and with hindsight could have waited for a better spot, but alas it was not to be.


That said I made a few hundred at the cash so it covered the tourney buy-ins with a bit left over as a souvenir - Festival Cash Rocks!

No comments:

Spread The Word!