Spread The Word!

Sunday 28 December 2008

Fitz EOM

This month's EOM was held on the last Saturday to allow for Christmas falling on it's usual date. True enough it got a decent amount of runners coming in at around the 91/92 marker.

After a patheic start I find my stack dwindling away at a rapid pace then manage to lose most of what I have left when I run a J high flush into a Q high flush. This leaves me with 1100 chips and screwed basically. Next hand I'm UTG with K6 and I go for broke open shoving to get 4 callers! To my surprise my 6 hit and was good! This was a nice boost in chips, still very short but the newly found momentum was certainly welcome.


After a couple of steals I find myself on around 8k and wake up in late position with AK. A newly arrived woman at the table makes a standard raise in mid-position and I decide to gamble and shove. She calls with 88 and I hit the flop to double me up. A couple of laps later I raise with AA and get reraised. I shove and he insta calls with AK . . . obviously my image must not have been as tight as it normally would have been. No suckouts and I'm flying on around 30k.

We get to the last 3 tables and I have T4 on the SB which I make up, only one other limper and BB checks. Flop comes 44x which I bet, BB folds and limper calls. Turn comes another blank, so I bet again and again he flat calls. T on the river giving me a full house so I shove, which was always the plan as the amount in the middle at this point was a lot more than I had left. To my delight he insta calls with AA & I scoop the lot!

Nothing too exciting for a while, I have a healthy enough stack & maintain it from positional raises and reraises. When we get to the FT I'm not overly well stacked but due to the 2 huge stacks I'm not far off average. I get a bit if a boost when I see off Paddy Hicks & basically bide my time. Reesy & Stuey were very active, Stuey being 3 to my right & Reesy to my immediate left. This meant that it was very tough to try anything without the goods as they didn't give up easily. With 4 left Stuey manages to bust QQ with AJ meaning I'm now incredibly short inbetween 2 monster stacks. Deals were discussed 4 handed & couldn't be decided on so it was play on for a huge jump in payouts. Reesy took a hit from Stuey, both pulling moves on the other I suspected at the time but it was good for me in that I was now only a double-up away from 2nd.

My final hand ends up when I make a crappy weak looking bet with KK, Reesy reraises me with A9 & (ship the oscar) I 'reluctantly' shove with the first monster hand I'd had in ages. Reesy calls & to his disgust I flip over my kings, only for the dealer to throw 2 Aces out on the flop! Ah well, 'twas not meant to be, €3k certainly not to be sniffed at, however those Kings stand up & I'd be favourite for the €5.5k second prize if not more.

No comments:

Spread The Word!