Spread The Word!

Friday 18 March 2011

St. Patrick's Day Cup

So the weather was rubbish & the frost course appeared to be a permanent feature, however I was truly bitten once more by the golf bug. Whilst my main objective to work on my handicap was on hold due to non-qualifying, I was keen to play as regularly as possible to help get my handicap down in any way possible.

The first competition in the club diary (excluding the regular weekly tournaments) was The St. Patrick's Day Cup. It was nice to see such an active time-sheet, something my previous club could definitely not compete with, although with this brought a desire to not screw it up. This was the full 18 holes although qualifying still hadn't started for the season.

That day I played with Rob & the Lady Vice Captain Sheelagh. This was my first time meeting & playing with Sheelagh. She, just like the other lady members I had been introduced to at the club was incredibly friendly. Sheelagh is a fantastic golfer & she has a great attitude, nothing tilts her. It was clear that playing with the women up here would be good for my game & on the day I managed a super 37 points. Now I know 37 points off 36 isn't fantastic, but for me, well it was pretty special.


Even better was the fact that 37 points won the ladies competition :)

No comments:

Spread The Word!