Spread The Word!

Monday 14 March 2011

Time To Meet The Members

Just under 2 weeks ago, I got a text message from the lovely Lady Captain Pauline up at South County to see if I fancied a game with her & couple other of the lady members up at the club.

Whilst I was delighted to be asked, & relished the opportunity to compare myself to other lady golfers, I admit I was petrified that this could be a huge embarrassment. I'd only ever played golf with Rob's mum before & she had a very laid back attitude towards golf, & she also knew I was only a beginner, plus I knew her! But, now, playing with people I'd never met before, & also after looking up their handicaps on www.HowDidIDo.co.uk - these girls could bloody play!
 
Nervous & all that I was I'd made the effort to get some time in at the range before the game. I'd even spent a few hours looking at golf tutorials online, I had all the steps in my head, I just had to take my time & concentrate, I could do this! Due to the weather we played the frost course. This is a 12 hole course with placing using temporary greens. It's certainly a disappointment to be playing on temporary greens given how super South County's greens are, however it's better to play on temporary greens than not to play at all.

I met the 3 ladies in the pro shop before our round & straight away they were incredibly friendly. With the sun starting to make an appearance as we walked to the first tee, it was looking promising. Hell I even forgot how nervous I was going to be attempting to drive down the first.

In the end I need not have been so nervous, I actually played fairly solidly. Now I didn't hit every shot perfectly & compared to the other girls it was obvious I was a beginner, but the fact that I managed 12 holes without embarrassing myself gave me a lot of confidence & pleased me no end. Perhaps the most important thing I took away with me that day was that we had definitely made the right decision joining this golf club.

No comments:

Spread The Word!